Birding Trips, Horseback Combo
- Dates: June 9th, 4-days
- Difficulty: Intermediate, Class III/IV
- Meets: Cambridge, ID
- Ends: Transportation back to Cambridge included
- Cost: $1180
Join on us on this unique 4-day adventure through Hells Canyon. We combine the excitement and comfort of a river trip with the opportunity to explore the birds of this region. There are a variety of habitats in Hells Canyon that support an abundance of bird species. Expert birding guides will help spot the birds while floating, and hiking through the deepest canyon in North America. There are over 106 different species that call Hells Canyon home. Large birds of prey use the canyon for spring nesting. Migratory birds also find safe harbor for raising their young. Explore the side canyons and find various finches, wrens, and other song birds. There is nothing like waking up on the river to the sound of a canyon wren, and the smell of fresh coffee.
- Dates: May through September Suggested 3 or 4 days rafting, 3 day saddles
- Difficulty: Intermediate, Class III/IV and gentle horses on great trails
- Meets: Cambridge, ID (can vary depending on saddles portion of the trip)
- Ends: See above
- Cost: Depends on length of trip
Fall and Spring are cool with incredible wild flowers, and warm days. After a three day river trip, ride horseback to the top for a breathtaking view of Hells Canyon. Many options are available, including overnight stays in back country lodges, and cabins, or camping at high mountain lakes. On some trips it is possible to have the horses meet you in Hells Canyon. Other options are flying out of Hells Canyon to a back country lodge, or car transportation. Call or email to discuss the details.